For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Discount Pets, 2-4 Deanery Way, Stockport Town Centre, M22 1PP.
We endeavour to protect your information by:
- Encrypting your personal information. When you place an order or access your account information, your information will be sent through to us. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us. This protects your confidential data, particularly your credit card details from unauthorised use;
- Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change;and
- Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
We may permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these by post or telephone. They may also contact you by email or SMS where you have consented to receiving such communications.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to ensure our quality standards are maintained and for fraud prevention purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Discount Pets or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or agreements or contracts between us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Discount Pets, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and our interal investigations including customer complaints and claims.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, for example, the order form. You can also exercise your right not to receive marketing information at any time by contacting our customer service team on 0161 429 8181.